Friday 8 June 2012

Poem - A Random Goan Sunset

Waging a war against the demons of shiny bright lights
First in the colors of crimson splendor I am born
In pitched battles like those in folk lore
Many a curses and abuses are sworn

The dazzle of bright white light
That steals the calm of nature
Each morning bearing the news of turmoil
Dragging the creeping present to future


The bright Sunshine in shiny white armour

With shining swords and shields at noon
Looks so invincible as the Gods of old Greece
It never looks it will gasp for breath so soon.


And i am full of friends
And I have a group of motley allies
And the gossip is of dread of darkness
And the world is so full of lies
The black dark cloud forming in rage
Against the heat and the fire
That those swords of sunshine unleash
And our fate looks so dire

The tiny proletarian wasp of steam
Gather to form the white summer Cloud
Still shivering and shimmering under the dread
Of the mighty forces of the Sun screaming aloud


And some of those clouds are in mood of a revolution

And they are turning black in rage

My allies take first blow to crumble down as rain

And some of them are put in a Shining Cage



And to mark its victory


Over the heaven and the sea

A seven colour arc of light is fluttered

For the vanquished to see




I am the champion of peace and sleep
And I roar Back with utmost glee
And I strangle The warship of the great enemy
Till it has sunk in the farthest point of the Sea






Burning gaze has lost to the great knights of darkness.
What was a few hours ago
A reign of immense heat and terror
Is now a humbled foe.


I am the Knight of the Darkness
And I am valiant warrior of peace
And with the magic of the starry curtains
I bring it down to the knees



No comments: